Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer Service App

GoodFella is offline Member

Default Customer Service App

Are there any good solutions out there that allow for "store employees" to "log in" and perform day-to-day shipping / customer service operations without having full access to the Admin section?

It would be nice to have this as a separate web application that works with the ASPDNSF DB.

... actually .... it probably wouldn't be too hard to pull some of the needed functionally (order details / tracking confirmation) that already exists in the Admin Section.

Then, maybe just have a new log in section under a sub-domain (IE: www.CustomerService.YourDomain.com)

The web config file will point to the production DB.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Actually ... I guess a new directory would be better than using a subdomain.

www.YourDomain.com/CustomerService

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Yep That is the way to go (new subdirectory). You can just add roles to specific users in the customer class, and then set the web.config on that subdirectory to only allow access for the aforementioned roles.

Great. Thanks Dan.

How hard is it to do your suggestion with the customer class? I am pretty technical but may end up having that part outsourced.

Thanks again.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

If you know where you are looking, it doesn't take long at all. If you want, we could have one of our support guys here take care of you, and tie it to an appconfig so you just have to create a list of customer service users separated by a comma. We would just maybe bill for a phone support incident ($175), and we'll comment the code so you can move it in the future, or we can write the code and tell you exactly where to put it in customer.cs. I assume you have full source?

I do not have the full source code. I plan to purchase it soon though.

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Could this type of thing be done without source code?

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member