Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Windows 2008 Server considerations

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Windows 2008 Server considerations

I am very new to aspdnsf. I inherited responsibility for 15 licenses of 7.0.1 and I’m trying to learn while uploading products and launching new sites. I am currently trying to set up a new test environment on Windows 2008 Server R2 with SQL Server 2008 and having some problems (probably the connection string in the web.config file).

I was able to set up a test environment previously on Windows 2003 with SQL Server 2005 (same as our production environment) through trial and error. I took notes but can’t seem to duplicate that success.

Are there any special considerations for aspdnsf 7.0.1 and Windows 2008 Server with SQL Server 2008?

The error is:
    Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 110.
    I’m using the same connection string that worked previously with the name of the sqlserver changed and it looks like this:
    <add key="DBConn" value="data source=sqlserver;initial catalog=dbname;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=false; packet size-4096"/>

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What's the full error details? Could you attach a screenshot here? Or, you could also try the mixed-mode authentication string below.

Code:
    <add key="DBConn" value="data source=(local)\sqlexpress;initial catalog=AspDotNetStorefront;user id=xxx;password=ccc;persist security info=True;packet size=4096"/>
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 02-08-2010 at 11:14 PM.

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Stab in the dark but shouldn't "packet size-4096" read "packet size=4096" ?
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the responses.

Not sure when I introduced the "- instead of =" error, but fixing that fixes the syntax problem.

However now I get a different error:
    Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.

Here is the full error message:
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.

Source Error:

Line 45: SqlConnection dbconn = new SqlConnection();
    Line 46: dbconn.ConnectionString = DB.GetDBConn();
    Line 47: dbconn.Open();
    Line 48: dbconn.Close();
    Line 49: dbconn.Dispose();

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FM123\Web\App_Code\Global.asax. cs Line: 47

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +6244425
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +245
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2811
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +53
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Att emptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +248
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Log inNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +6260362
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +6260328
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +354
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +703
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +54
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject) +6261592
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +81
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject) +1657
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +88
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +6265031
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +258
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_Start(Objec t sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FM123\Web\App_Code\Global.asax. cs:47

[HttpException (0x80004005): Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.]
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCa lledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +4170257
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscripti onsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +205
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplica tionState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplic ationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +350
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeAppli cation(IntPtr appContext) +382

[HttpException (0x80004005): Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContex t context) +11301302
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(Http Context context) +88
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4338644

I also tried the mixed-mode authentication that was suggestion and received a basic Login Failed for User xxxxxx and user did have dbo privilege to the database.

Any more suggestions are welcome but at least I got past this one error. I was stuck.

thank you