Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I call a 3rd party webservice when "place order" button is clicked?

jungleau is offline Junior Member

Question How do I call a 3rd party webservice when "place order" button is clicked?

Hi experts,

I'm trying to sell some software products online using AspDotNetStoreFront. When the customer clicks on the "Place Order" button and the payment is confirmed, I need to call a 3rd party webservice to generate some serial numbers, and these serial numbers need to be displayed on the "Order Confirmation" page as order notes.

Do I have to have the source code in order to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Jungle

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you're just calling a 3rd party url looks like you could just place additional logic in the code-behind (checkoutreview.aspx.cs) under ProcessCheckout() method.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

You could also use our EventHandlers. Just use the NewOrder event and then from there you can make the call to the web-service and even use WSI to get information about the order.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

jungleau is offline Junior Member

Smile

Thanks so much. The "neworder" event solved my issue!

adit is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Need to call 3rd party webservice after payment complete

Hi,

I need to call a 3rd party web service after I receive payment notification from a gateway. I am using ogone as payment gateway. Is there an event that I could attache an event handler to do so. Also which page is the payment notification page for this. I do not want to display any thing to the user here. This call is for telling our shipping dept to ship the product so I also need to get the order details for this payment.

Thanks
    Adit
    Last edited by adit; 03-31-2010 at 04:48 AM.

psharma is offline Junior Member

Default Call webservice

How do we call a web service from processcheckout()? First set the reference and then call it?