Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Windows Authentication on a topic

rtomer is offline Member

Default Windows Authentication on a topic

Hi,

Is it possible to set windows authentication on a topic ?

If a user (whether or not logged in to the site) opens the page say /employee.aspx or /t-employee.aspx, he have to undergo windows authentication process.

Can I implement this using topic or I have to create custom page ??

Please help. . . .
    Thanks in advance

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

In the topic manager's page in the admin, you have actually an option to put a 'Password' on each topic once that topic is loaded they'll have to provide the password first before they can view it.

rtomer is offline Member

Thanks for replying

we need to set windows authentication so that intranet users themselve get into that page however user from internet have to give username / password

I mean mixed mode authentication. . .

else I have to create a new custom page (if no option left)

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Since the topic is not a physical file, setting windows auth likely wouldn't be possible. You *could* try creating a physical file with the exact same name as your topic url and set windows auth on that, but I can't guarantee that will do the trick. Otherwise, setting up a physical file is your only choice. The physical file could however inherit from skinbase and load a topic

rtomer is offline Member

Hi
    Thanks for replying

I have created a physical page and applied the topic on that page.
    and the applied windows authentication on that.