Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: topics database

Univest is offline Member

Default topics database

I had added a topic by the name "newsletter" in topics and removed it. after I changed my mind and wanted to add it again but it give me a error like in the text file attached. I looks to be a double entry error in the DB.
    can someone show how to clean the DB from this error.

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

George the Great is offline Senior Member

When you removed it, did you do so from the admin section? If so, the record isn't actually gone, but has just been "soft deleted". To resolve you can do one of two things.

1. You can un-delete the topic and then make your changes to it from the admin section. To do so, you can execute the following sql directly in sql management studio while connected to your database, or from the Run SQL page in the admin section (as long as you're a super admin)
      Code:
      update dbo.Topic set Deleted=0 where Name='newsletter'
    2. You can remove the record completely from the Topic table so that you can re-add the topic directly from the admin section. To do so, you can execute the following sql directly in sql management studio while connected to your database, or from the Run SQL page in the admin section (as long as you're a super admin)
      Code:
      delete dbo.Topic where Name='newsletter'

As with any direct database changes, please make sure you have a fully functional backup of the database before you begin. A mistake could cause data consistency errors and even bring down a site.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Univest is offline Member

Thumbs up great

Thank you so much George.

worked great