Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Show pictures in Search Results

waa2398 is offline Junior Member

Default Show pictures in Search Results

i would like to show the pictures of the products in the search result page...
    any ideas?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Use the advanced search page (searchadv.aspx) which allows you to show pics. You could even change the default value to show pics (instead of making the user select it), remove the option to choose and force the pics to show, or merge in the modifications from the advanced search into the simple search to make the pics show
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

where do i make this changes??? i been looking for it, but i cant seem to be finding the right place...
    also is there anyway i could display 4 pictures per row instead of 1???
    here is a SS of my search at the moment...

and i want to achive this...

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Change the default template (template.ascx) so the search form posts to searchadv.aspx instead of search.aspx.

where would i change the way the the results are display..???
    trying to achiv 4 products per row instead of 1 per row...
    thank you!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There is no built-in setting that could do that but you should be able to mimic the design you want to achieve by modifying the page.searchadv.xml.config file from {root}/XMLPackage folder.

smoreo is offline Member

Hi George, how do i change the default value to show pics on the searchadv page? is that in the appconfig?

art_r is offline Junior Member

The settings for this are as Alfred said - page.searchadv.xml.config file in {root}/XMLPackage folder.

I just did this on our site and REMOVED the text in red below from page.searchadv.xml.config :-

Code:
    <td align="left">
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('searchadv.aspx.5', $LocaleSetting)"/>*<input TYPE="RADIO" NAME="ShowPics" value="1" ><xsl:if test="/root/QueryString/showpics = 1"><xsl:attribute name="checked">checked</xsl:attribute></xsl:if></input>
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('searchadv.aspx.6', $LocaleSetting)"/>*<input TYPE="RADIO" NAME="ShowPics" value="0" ><xsl:if test="/root/QueryString/showpics = 0 or not(boolean(/root/QueryString/showpics))"><xsl:attribute name="checked">checked</xsl:attribute></xsl:if></input>
                                </td>

Then in SKIN_?/template.ascx and/or hometemplate.ascx I ADDED the following (in red) to the form section,

Code:
    <form name="topsearchform" method="get" action="searchadv.aspx">
    <input type="text" size="15" name="SearchTerm" class="searchBox" id="searchBox" autocomplete="off"
    onfocus="javascript:this.style.background='#ffffff';" onblur="javascript:this.style.background='#dddddd';" />
    <input TYPE="hidden" NAME="ShowPics" value="1" />
    And now when people search from the search bar or from the advanced search page it defaults to showing pics.

As always, make sure to have backup copies of your source files in case you need to go back. This may not be the best solution but is tested and working for me.

medsupply is offline Senior Member

How can I do all this in version 9.3.0.0/9.3.0.0?