Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: signin.aspx login problem in IE6 but not in Firefox 3.5.7

td_sas is offline Member

Question signin.aspx login problem in IE6 but not in Firefox 3.5.7

Hello to all:

We are having a login problem when using Internet Explorer 6 on the client/sales-side of storefront:

When we try to login as an existing customer from the page:
    "signin.aspx?returnurl=account.aspx%3f"

we keep getting the message "Please enter your e-mail address."

The same page open in Firefox 3.5.7 does not have this problem, but logs in the user with no issues. What could be the problem? I have tried to do the same login from different computers using IE6 which all have a bit different Internet Options settings, but they all have the same problem.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. This sounds like a familar issue, though I can't say for certain at this time. Could you indicate which version you are on. And I will take a closer look. It might be something you will need to get a fix from support on. But lets get that information to make sure.

td_sas is offline Member

Smile

We are using AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Hey,

Thanks for getting me the full version number . This is caused by an old legacy email validation that IE6 does not like. Since the validation is done server side there is no longer a need for it to be in the signin.aspx page.

You need to remove this line from signin.aspx (51 by default):

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator3" runat="server" ValidationGroup="Group1" ErrorMessage="(!signin.aspx.3!)" ControlToValidate="EMail"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

Real simple fix. If you have any other issues just let us know.