Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ComponentArt Menu IE8

jimmidude is offline Junior Member

Default ComponentArt Menu IE8

I have noticed an issue with the ComponentArt menu after I added a doctype to the expressTemplate.ascx to take IE8 out of quirks mode.
    When I hover over the menu bar and a sub-menu pops up there seems to be 2-3 pixel gap between the main and popup menus.
    Then if I move the mouse slowly to the sub-menu the pointer hits the gap and the sub-menu go away before the mouse enters it.
    If I move the mouse quickly the sub-menu stays.

The menu works correctly on Firefox 3.5.5.
    I have only seen this on IE 8, when NOT in compatibility mode, in compatibility mode the menu works as expected.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a tweak to the menu to fix this?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

We've noticed the same, and while we don't yet have a tweak to the menu to resolve when not running in compatibility mode, we have moved completely away from componentart in the next version (ML9) and will be using the .NET menu control within master pages
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

ppashka is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmidude View Post
    I have noticed an issue with the ComponentArt menu after I added a doctype to the expressTemplate.ascx to take IE8 out of quirks mode.
    When I hover over the menu bar and a sub-menu pops up there seems to be 2-3 pixel gap between the main and popup menus.
    Then if I move the mouse slowly to the sub-menu the pointer hits the gap and the sub-menu go away before the mouse enters it.
    If I move the mouse quickly the sub-menu stays.

The menu works correctly on Firefox 3.5.5.
    I have only seen this on IE 8, when NOT in compatibility mode, in compatibility mode the menu works as expected.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a tweak to the menu to fix this?
    You can resolve this problem by changing CollapseDelay property.
    e.g.
    <ComponentArt:Menu ID="PageMenu" CollapseDelay="300"...

jimmidude is offline Junior Member

Setting

<ComponentArt:Menu ID="PageMenu" CollapseDelay="300"...

Did not fix the issue.