Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: re-ordering Products not available

Sharona is offline Member

Default re-ordering Products not available

We currently use both the show buy button and the product by affiliate options on products.

How can we disable the ability to re-order an item which is set by either of the two options?
    Last edited by Sharona; 02-03-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's not anything in place currently to prevent the reordering of certain products, so that would take some code mods.

If you're just wanting to stop the 'reorder' option on the account.aspx page, you'd need to modify account.aspx and account.aspx.cs (remove the GetReorder method and references to it). If you need to hide the product entirely so that customers can't possibly order it again, that's going to be more complicated.

Ah, but you do prevent products which have been marked not published. I was hoping you could point me in the direction to which I could do those mods.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Yes... If they try to re-order a product which is somehow not valid for re-ordering, then the cart will prevent that (the item will be removed from the active cart). If you need to prevent re-orders based on some other criteria, you are probably looking at mods to the add-to-cart page, reload cart sproc, and so on.

Talking

Whew, after much debugging and Stored proceedure searching,
    I found the routine I needed to change in the shoppingcart class

ClearDeletedAndUnPublishedProducts

I Just needed to change SQL strings
    Last edited by Sharona; 02-08-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: type