Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Lost Password Issues

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Lost Password Issues

Read the email below, on average we receive 5 or more of these same emails per day. I try myself to get a new password and it works everytime. I changed the email password email to have very specific instructions. I've done everything I possibly can and yet still have customers who can't login with their new random password.

Any ideas?

I am trying to log in in order to make a purchase. When I logged in the first time, it said invalid password. Tried again and received the same error. Then clicked on forgot password and received a one time password. That too failed. The old password will not work to obtain a new one and neither will the one time one. How can I log in so that I may complete my purchase

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

We had similar problem until I modified email text to indicate when the password change screen asks for the old password it means the new, temporary password.
    that being said, someone will always misunderstand any directions you give them.
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Ill give that a try mgibbs, that could be it!