Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: manufacturers with spaces

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Default manufacturers with spaces

I've noticed any manufacturers with spacing in the name it an error, is there something I need to do to fix this?

For example

Test - works
    test test - fails

Thanks
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Could you provide some more details on the issue. I notice you mention you are using 8.0.1.2 are you using the VB or C# version? Also where is this coming up?

Sure I have inserted the manufacturers using a sql script.

so for example lets say it has a name "Test Manufacturer" and the other is "Test-Manufacturer"

The name with the space with display a page error (see below) yet I can see it in the admin panel where if I remove the space it will work.

Maybe its the SQL insert?

Page: m-18-Test-Manufacturer.aspx

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.
    If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

I suspect that it is the sql insert as well. Could you provide the sql or a sample so we can take a look at it and help you figure this out.

If you use the admin section you will notice you can add a manufacturer with a space in the name.

INSERT INTO [aspdnsf_c4zone].[dbo].[Manufacturer] ([ManufacturerID], [ManufacturerGUID], [Name], [SEName], [SEKeywords], [SEDescription], [SETitle], [SENoScript], [SEAltText], [Address1], [Address2], [Suite], [City], [State], [ZipCode], [Country], [Phone], [FAX], [URL], [Email], [QuantityDiscountID], [SortByLooks], [Summary], [Description], [Notes], [RelatedDocuments], [XmlPackage], [ColWidth], [DisplayOrder], [ExtensionData], [ContentsBGColor], [PageBGColor], [GraphicsColor], [ImageFilenameOverride], [Published], [Wholesale], [ParentManufacturerID], [IsImport], [Deleted], [CreatedOn], [PageSize], [SkinID], [TemplateName])
    VALUES (1, newid(), 'Actislim Test', 'Actislim Test', 'Actislim - kk, 'Actislim from kk at the best prices', 'Actislim - kk', '', '', 'kk', 'Unit ', NULL, 'Enterprise Park', 'blah', 'kk', 'postcode ', '0000', '0000', '', NULL, '0', '0', '', '', NULL, NULL, 'entity.grid.xml.config', '3', '1', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, '', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '2010-01-07 07:24:38.577', '20', '0', '')

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

You need to use the rebuild SENames function in Store-wide maintenance. The URL keys off of the SEName, which folks tend not to populate properly when doing direct inserts. The function mentioned above will fix that for you.

Also, the SEName field for your entity should never contain spaces or any special characters other than a dash (-).

- Dan

Thanks for the help Dan.