Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: SSL for Account Login

leosquarez is offline Junior Member

Default SSL for Account Login

I have a very weird issue where by after a user logs into their account, the logged in status shows they are logged out, but in fact they are still logged in.

Here how it happens:

1. User logs in, the status at the top of the page shows the user is logged in
    2. If you navigate to a non ssl page, the status shows the 'login' link again (as if you were not logged in)

I am not sure what is causing this? It seems whenever you access a page not using https it shows you as logged out. Although I know you are not as if you click the login link it then shows you your logged in again.

I know this may sound confusing but if you go to revolutiontechnologies.com.au you will see what i mean.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's very strange. Please send into support to assist you further. I don't heard anyone getting this kind of issue.

leosquarez is offline Junior Member

We figured out this must be a server issue. We enabled SSL for this site on our local development machine and the problem was solved. Therefore it must be an issue with the server its hosted on.

Its hosted on a VPS machine. I am not sure if support would be able to assist with this?

Anyway have any ideas what it could be?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Submit a ticket to support. It would be helpful if you include the version number and maybe even the environment your running in. So that it can be thoroughly investigated.