Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Dup types in ASPDNSFChart.dll & Telerik.Web.UI.dll

HomeSecStore is offline Junior Member

Default Dup types in ASPDNSFChart.dll & Telerik.Web.UI.dll

Hello all,

I'm creating a custom Point-Of-Sale subsystem for my company using Telerik's latest AJAX controls - and it looks like their main dll (Telerik.Web.UI.dll) and ASPDNSFChart.dll don't play together too well. In Admin, splash.aspx errors out because of the charts being used in the program...

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\root\c443a27a\ce3272cb\assembly\dl3\0cd40d05 \00fce2ae_3044c901\' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\root\c443a27a\ce3272cb\assembly\dl3\15c51bd8 \2818de25_77a0ca01\Telerik.Web.UI.DLL'

I've seen this same error on the boards here, but no one ever suggested a solution. I'd like to be able to keep the charts in splash.aspx if possible and still use the Telerik controls in other modules. Does anyone know of a work-around for something like this?

Thanks!

Kevin S.
    Home Security Store

Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

We've resolved this for the next version, but what you'd have to do is a global search and destroy for any of our references to the Telerik stuff built into AspDotNetStorefront and replace them with references to the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Understood, George - thanks!

Unfortunately, I've run into another roadblock to using the Telerik AJAX controls with StoreFront: whenever a Telerik AJAX-enabled control postsback, I get the error:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorExceptio n: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled. Details: Error parsing near 'txtSearchValue_text|<div align="center">'.'

...and no information gets posted to the server.

After lots of trial and error and research, I had a hunch and tried removing the line:
    <%@ Application Inherits="AspDotNetStorefront.Global" Language="C#" %> from the Global.asax file. That fixed the PageRequestManagerParserErrorException error on my test page, but obviously broke the rest of the test site.

Could this have to do with Response.Writes() in the inherited app class? Did your guys run into this issue at all?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Yeah...we ran into all sorts of issues implementing any type of ajax as long as we had the component art menus, and were using our proprietary skinning engine. It was for these reasons (among others) that we switched to .NET Masterpages for the next version, and removed componentart.

What are you trying to do with the Ajax panel...I'll see if there is anything I can do to help you guys out.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thanks, George! We're on ML v8.0, by the way.

I'm writing a custom Point-Of-Sale subsystem for StoreFront. The powers-that-be don't like the standard Phone Order Entry module at all, so I'm crafting something that looks and flows very differently but accomplishes the same purpose.

The idea is that it will use the StoreFront skinning engine for a different look and feel - and use slightly modified navigation, product selection, and checkout pages so the process flow will be much more like the standard customer interface than the Phone Order Entry module. (No need to get customer info first before adding to a cart, etc.)

There's a new initial page that allows salespeople to logon and search for existing "quotes." Ideally, I'd want to use any of the Telerik AJAX-enabled controls on a RadAjaxPanel (or just using a RadAjaxManger control) on this page to make search and selection "appear" to be really fast and allow Telerik's slick grid paging with no visible postback, etc.

The other area where we really want to use ajax is with a customized "mini-cart" that will appear in the right nav bar area and be visible to the salespeople at all times. We want them to be able to add to the mini-cart from any category or product page and have the products appear in the cart without a visible postback.

Any insight into the best way to accomplish this ajax-ification using our version of StoreFront would be VERY much appreciated!

George - If need be, our company has no problem paying for this ajax assistance. My email address is kevin@homesecuritystore.com. Please contact me so we can continue our conversation.

Thanks!

Kevin
    Home Security Store