Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Version 8.0 Running Slow

rightontop is offline Junior Member

Default Version 8.0 Running Slow

Hello,

Has anyone experienced an issue where you are getting incomplete page load of the products in version 8.0.0.0

Are there any know issues in version 8.0 that might cause this?

We just upgraded from version 7.1.1.1 where the very same page loaded fine.
    Now, the products are get hung up at the bottom of the product pages ( on some pages, not all, and not all the time. However, if you refresh the page, they pop right up.

It's like a glitch that I can't figure out. We even reduced the columns to display 3 versus 4 to see if the pages loaded faster. Made minor difference. Still doing it.
    I even tried checking my skin file to see if an adjustment was necesary.

We are using compression on the server, as suggested.

Any suggestions are much appreciated

K-BL is offline Member

I had this problem, it was SkinBase.cs && TemplateBase.cs (but almost anything can have this effect). If you've made any moderate mods to either one (I changed just a couple lines), they can have a serious impact on website load time.

mc9000 is offline Member

Default same here

We have the same (painful) slowness. It sped up a wee bit when I rebuilt the indexes on the table on SQL2008, but the product admin pages still take a full 2 minutes to load a single product (on an 8 core 3 Ghz server).
    I think it is due to us having 25000 products & 3000 categories - there may be an issue with paging (it acts like all the products are being loaded into memory instead of a page at a time).
    I plan on changing the paging routine to one that works better with SQL2008 - will post next week.

Default Loading slow

Huh. Listen, thanks for the replies. Man, this problem is frustrating to troubleshoot

I am not familiar with SkinBase.cs && TemplateBase.cs What are they used for? Are they pages that I would have had to FTP to my local to modify? If the latter is the case, I never touched them.

We have under 1000 products on our site at the moment. I am also wondering if our shared hosting plan may be the problem.

Sometimes the site runs and loads fast, other times products hang up at the bottom. I thought that maybe it was because the images were too big, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

It definitely ran faster before upgrading to version 8.0 ( which supposedly runs 400x faster than 7.1

Anyway, thanks again for the help

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

I am running a site locally for dev purposes that has over 20,000 categories (plus manufacturers, etc.) and 250,000 products. Things run fine provided you don't try to drop them all into a javascript-based menu (eg. componentart).

There are some performance tuning tips for large sites at http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...rge-sites.aspx that I would recommend checking out, and if that does not alleviate the issue, please send over to our support department.

Default Problem Solved!

Hi all,

Thanks for the support on this. Guess what, the problem turned out to be Internet Explorer! Product was hanging at the bottom of the page, and would pop up at will. I thought it was an ADNSFT or server problem.

All I can guess is that version 8 ( recently upgraded from 7) had an issue with my #content styles and the content was hanging up at the bottom the screen. Firefox was working fine, but Explorer was making me crazy.

It seemed like it was a loading problem but wasn't.

I found this code in a another forum post:

#content
    {
    position: relative;
    margin: 4px 0 1em 175px;
    width: 710px;
    height: 2100px;
    background-color: #fff;
    clear: none;
    border: silver solid 0px;
    padding: 0;

I am going to check into those performance tips.

Thanks again for the help