Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product Level Coupon message when listing Categories or Manufacturers

TraceyAG is offline Junior Member

Default Product Level Coupon message when listing Categories or Manufacturers

My new client is using aspDotStorefront version 7.1.0. When using a Product Level Coupon Type and listing even one ID number for Valid For Category(s) or Valid For Manufacturer(s), I get the following error message when adding any products on my client's website to his shopping cart:

-------------------------------------------------------
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Incorrect syntax near 'EntityID'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
    request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
    where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near
    'EntityID'.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near 'EntityID'.]
    AspDotNetStorefrontCommon.EntityHelper.GetProductC ommaSeparatedList(String
    ForEntityIDList, Int32 AffiliateID, Int32 CustomerLevelID) in
    C:\Webroot\AmericanGarage\ASPDNSFCommon\EntityHelp er.vb:149

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Product Level Coupon seems to work fine when testing it by listing Product IDs. The only problem is is that my client has 8 main categories with lots of sub-categories that have over 500 products, and he wants the coupon not valid for only one manufacturer--around 30 products.

It's too bad the ADPdotStorefront doesn't have an option to list the categories or products that are not wanted for a coupon, rather than those that are wanted. I believe I could actually get the coupon to work by using Product IDs, but with over 500 products, that list would be huge to enter into the Valid For Product(s): area.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem with Product Type Coupons, and if so, is there a simple fix for listing categories or manufacturers and not receiving the error message above? I have worked with similar PHP programs, but I'm totally new to the ASPDotNetStorefront and I am not a programmer : (.

Tracey
    Last edited by George the Great; 01-29-2010 at 08:42 AM.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

We released a security update to several versions, which caused this to occur. Please contact support for an updated assembly
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

TraceyAG is offline Junior Member

Default Thank you so much, George!

Thanks so much for the quick answer, George

I posted a coupon problem at the first of the week, which was quickly answered, but when I had further problems with the product level coupons, I posted the error message to the same thread but it was never answered. I'm so glad I decided to open a new topic : )

I will have my client request the updated assembly.

Sincerely,

Tracey