Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Discounts for one size but not the other.

matthewkimber is offline Junior Member

Default Discounts for one size but not the other.

So, I've finessed my products into AspDotNetStorefront and now I need to discount one size of my product and not the other. For example I have the following t-shirt product:

• Shirt (Product)
      • Variant 1
        • S [$10.00]
        • M [$12.00]
        • L [$15.00]

As you can see I have three different sizes defined within the variant under "Attributes > Sizes" in the product management portal. Now, lets imagine that I really like people that wear Larges and would like to sell them at a discount, but people that don't wear larges aren't necessarily my friends and I want them to pay retail. How can I apply a 50% discount to all shirts in Large without manually editing each product?

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Best Regards,

Matthew Kimber

Jao is offline Senior Member

Applying quantity discount would be the solution here; however, it would still require a slight tweaking on that feature. Currently, the quantity discount filters the calculation by quantity whatever the attribute is, therefore, you'll need to create a method that would calculate the discount by both quantity and size attribute...