Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: User selects their Customer Level?

Rabel is offline Member

Default User selects their Customer Level?

I was wondering if there is something I can do so that the user can select the customer level. We are only using one level - tax exempt, because the client has a lot of non-profit organizations. And what is happening is that the users are buying items when they create the user then they are expecting the site to remove the tax afterwards. The admins go in and move each customer to the tax exempt level. And with their merchant account they have to pay a portion of the refund so it makes it easier to charge them the tax if they are lying about being tax exempt then to refund the taxes. Any ideas what i can do?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Just set appconfig: DefaultCustomerLevelID to the Tax Exempt customer level id so every time a customer registers, he/she will be automatically assigned to it rather than manually doing it via the admin page.

Rabel is offline Member

Im sorry I may have not explained correctly, most users are not tax exempt. I meant that we only have 1 extra customer level, tax exempt. I had thought about making it the default but that would make more work for the client. I would like to have the customer have the option to select the customer group when they set up their account and the client would make changes to the taxes if needed.

Rob is offline Senior Member

You'd either have to a) assign that customer after they have an account to the customer level, or b) add a little bit of custom logic on checkout that asks the customer via checkbox or radio button or something if they are "tax exempt" (not sure what data you need to collected to ensure that, or just take them at their word) and if that's set, force a customer level automagically for them. About 10 lines of code to do prob.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

webdeeds is offline Junior Member

Default Customization is the way

hi there,

Minor tweaks and modifications can always be done with your storefront to make it the work the way you want it.
    you may contact us at logipad@gmail.com