Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Phone Order Entry Returns Different Shipping Rates

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Phone Order Entry Returns Different Shipping Rates

We have an odd problem with our shipping rates: We use RTS rates and they work fine on our website when our customers checkout; no real issues. However, if we enter the admin area and attempt to enter an order via the phone order entry area, the rates returned are DOUBLE what appears for our customers when they order through the website. A 5 ounce item that returns a rate of approx. $10.00 through the website returns a $20.00 (approx) rate when using the admin/phone order area.

This makes no sense.

Why is this happening? Has anyone else has this problem? How can this be fixed?

Leslie

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Can you send this to support? We haven't heard of this before, but will investigate further. Along with your ticket to be submitted, please don't forget to indicate your order number and the exact four digit version of aspdnsf you're using.
    We'll need to know what shipping calc type you're using also (RTS I think you said, and if you have any changes to that logic). Thanks
    Last edited by Rob; 01-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Sure- will do that later today.

Thanks.

I have tried to recreate this situation several times this morning to no avail - entering an order by the website or by the admin site now returns the same shipping cost either way.

If I am able to duplicate this error, I will submit a support ticket.

This problem occurred all day yesterday, but does not occur today. Go figure.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Is there any chance that it was just with a particular item that you haven't tried with again today? I'm wondering if you weren't trying to order an item that was marked as Is Ship Separately which would get a rate for the item, then get a rate for that item again (rather then getting a rate for 2 of the item at the same time) and add them together.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

I checked that - the item was not marked as shipped separate. When I tried to duplicate the order today, I tried ordering the same item that I was having issues with yesterday as well as an item that was not ordered yesterday. I did that in separate orders and also tried ordering them together.

I'm at a loss as there are no issues today.

Vegarari is offline Member

We have found that there is a bug in ML 8.0.1.2 for the RT shipping.
    Scenario:
    Someone selects an item that does not ship free and adds it to their cart. They start the checkout process, UPS Ground comes to 8.55.

Then they decide to buy an item that has Free Shipping, they go to it and add it to their cart. They start the checkout process, UPS Ground comes to 17.10!

The customer then abandons their cart or calls us all PO’d that the Free Shipping isn’t free!

We figured out that this happens when the Free Shipping item is marked as “Is Ship Separately”

Maybe this is fixed in 8.0.1.4?

mal247 is offline Junior Member

Default any updates on this?

This is still happening i MultiStore 9.2. Need a fix ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegarari View Post
    We have found that there is a bug in ML 8.0.1.2 for the RT shipping.
    Scenario:
    Someone selects an item that does not ship free and adds it to their cart. They start the checkout process, UPS Ground comes to 8.55.

Then they decide to buy an item that has Free Shipping, they go to it and add it to their cart. They start the checkout process, UPS Ground comes to 17.10!

The customer then abandons their cart or calls us all PO’d that the Free Shipping isn’t free!

We figured out that this happens when the Free Shipping item is marked as “Is Ship Separately”

Maybe this is fixed in 8.0.1.4?