Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display catagories specific to manufacturer

maestro is offline Junior Member

Default Display catagories specific to manufacturer

Hello all,

I need to display only the catagories menu mapped specifically to the manufacturer entity currently being viewed. What's the best way to do this? Thanks

SommerS is offline Junior Member

The best way to do this would be by following the steps here

I'm not sure if this is the solution to what I'm looking for. What I'm trying to accomplish is when you are on a specific manufacturer/department page, I want the Browse Catagories section on the left to be the only one displayed( I know how to do that) but only show the catagories/products of the selected manufacturer/department. Thanks for the rapid response

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, template switching is, as far as I can see, the best solution for you...

I already have that set up actually . This particular manufacturer has it's own template. What I'm needing help with is either editing or making my own rev.categories.xml.config to only display catagorical products of the manufacturer in question.

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

You might be better off writing a custom SQL query to get the data you want and use the rev.categories xml package (make a copy of course) as your template for output.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

Gothca, I figured as much. Just for clarification, the sql query (i.e. CDATA[ exec aspdnsf_GetProducts) would go at the top of my new rev.catagories.xml.config in a query tag, correct? Are there any good references for making a little more sense of this xml( somewhat of an xml nub).

Also, thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated.

romdev is offline Junior Member

We really need to do just the opposite. When a category link is clicked and the category product page loads, we need the Manufacturer Menu on the left nav to display just the manufacturers specific to the category products being displayed and not continue to show ALL manufacturers. How can we accomplish this?