Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product XML Packages Not Showing In Option List

craiga is offline Junior Member

Default Product XML Packages Not Showing In Option List

I have created some custom xml packages based on the provided product xml packages ensuring that the name starts with "product." and ends with ".xml.config" and they were all appearing and working fine until I recently changed their names again but ensuring that the "product." and ".xml.config" was still used eg "product.Generic-Consultancy.xml.config" . I have tried re-starting the website and restarting the app pool in IIS but some of them seem to no longer display in my xml package options.

Is there something that I need to make them appear again?

George the Great is offline Senior Member

No there shouldn't be anything else you need to do.

• Are the file permissions correct?
    • Are they in the skin_#/XmlPackages directory or the root XmlPackages directory?
    • Have you made any modifications to the admin section skin?
    • Are you using template switching?
    • Which version of AspDotNetStorefront are you using?
    • Which menu item are you going to in the admin section to edit the products?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

craiga is offline Junior Member

Hi George,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I have not modified the file permissions since setting up the system
    2. They are with the other xml packages (Portals\0\aspdnsf\XmlPackages)
    3. Yes but only commenting out some sections and this had no affect before
    4. No
    5. 7.2.0
    6. Both the edit price and normal way (first option under "Products" - I have changed the name a while back)

The weird thing is if I change the name back then some of them now display but some don't.

Sorry that is not much help. I will speak to the developer who created the custom xml packages in case there is something that I am missing but I will get back to you once I know.

Many thanks.