Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Missing "Now in:" Bread crums when browsing tree

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Default Missing "Now in:" Bread crums when browsing tree

I must have goofed something up. Recently our site just started not showing the bread crumb trail when browsing the category tree until you land on a product. Once you select the product the entire crumb tree suddenly appears. If you jump to any topic, like a FAQ page, the "Now In: ..." appears correctly. But as soon as you select a branch of the category tree, the trail for "Now In:" goes to blank and you get nothing until you select a product, then it all comes back correctly.

What have I goofed up?

Louie is offline Senior Member

The token being use by the breadcrumb is (!SECTION_TITLE!). You may want also to check your Breadcrumb.cs.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Did you set the AppConfig CacheEntityPageHTML from false to true?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default Now in:

I took this out of one of my sites as it took up space and everyone knows what breadcrumbs are anyway.
    The text is a string: admin.common.NowIn and can be set in the Admin

Strings.en-us.xls is a spreadsheet on your site with the list of all strings. As the powers that be say, change your strings here and then import. It's insane, but barely manageable, otherwise.

Kirk48906 is offline Member

I had changed the cache to true and that caused the problem. I changed it back to false and they came back. Does that make sense that you can't cache those?

Vegarari is offline Member

Default Missing Breadcrumbs & Page Title in Categories pages

I spent WAY too much time trying to figure out why these two things were not working as expected;
    1. Breadcrumbs were not working in Category pages but were in products pages
    2. Category pages titles, keywords etc. were missing / showing the store default

Luckily I finally found this thread because thanks to it and George the Great my problem has been solved.
    The CacheEntityPageHTML was set to true back in August in an attempt to stop the store from crashing because of limited resources in a shared hosting environment. (All is well now on a virtual server)