Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: xhtml 1.0 transitional editor?

rightontop is offline Junior Member

Default xhtml 1.0 transitional editor?

Hello,

I am using ADNSFT version 8.0.0.0 Do you have any plans for update the editor so that it does not re-write one's code, but instead, produces xhtml 1.0 transitional code?

I tried turning off the editor, that makes it too hard to add product descriptions for my client.

I ask this because my homepage has a whopping 340 errors in it. The skin is built in clean and used css. The errors are apparently coming from ADNSFT.

Every time I add code in source code in the editor that should be xhtml compliant, ADNSFT re-writes the code and, for instance, removes the forward slashes "/" from my code, causing an error in the validator athttp://validator.w3.org/
    In short, it's nothing short of exasperating. ( no offense)

On the other hand, I also use DotNetNuke on some sites, which is an open source .net based platform which writes nice xhtml compliant code ( uses the FCK editor).

Is it possible for you to integrate the FCK editior from DNN into ADNSFT to replace the existing editor?

Bottom line: A better editor would definitely produce faster page loading, and possibly even better search engine optimization. I have been doing SEO for 9 years, and find that Google seems to prefer a clean coded page. These pages just seem to be the most "Google friendly."

Thanks in advance

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

rightontop is offline Junior Member

Default Thank You

That explains it. Thanks for the information