Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom XML Package via WSI

RBrun is offline Member

Default Custom XML Package via WSI

I've written a custom XML package that I call via WSI. I can not get the RuntimeParams to pass through to the query.

Here is the query for the XML Package, which works fine if defvalue has a valid manufacturer id. So I'm pretty sure the package and query are fine

Code:
      <query name="Products" rowElementName="Product">
        <sql>
          <![CDATA[
    SELECT     p.ProductID, p.Name, p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor, pv.VariantID, pv.ManufacturerPartNumber, pv.Price, pv.SalePrice, pv.Cost, pv.Inventory, pmfg.ManufacturerID, 
                          Manufacturer.Name AS MfgName, inv.VendorFullSKU, inv.Quan AS SizeColorInventory, p.Published, p.SKU, pv.SKUSuffix, p.ProductGUID, pv.VariantGUID, 
                          inv.InventoryGUID
    FROM         Product AS p INNER JOIN
                          ProductVariant AS pv ON p.ProductID = pv.ProductID INNER JOIN
                          Inventory AS inv ON pv.VariantID = inv.VariantID INNER JOIN
                          ProductManufacturer AS pmfg ON p.ProductID = pmfg.ProductID INNER JOIN
                          Manufacturer ON pmfg.ManufacturerID = Manufacturer.ManufacturerID
    WHERE     (pmfg.ManufacturerID=@ManufacturerID) AND (p.TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor=1)
    ]]>
        </sql>
        <queryparam paramname="@ManufacturerID" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="ManufacturerID" sqlDataType="int" defvalue="0"  validationpattern="" />
      </query>
    Here is the WSI request that calls the package and should pass in the manufacturer id...

Code:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    <XmlPackage Name="dumpscproduct.xml.config" RuntimeParams="ManufacturerID=4" OutputType="INLINE"/>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    I have looked at the debug output and the RuntimeParams are not being inserted into the runtime xml. I can't find any other actual examples of executing a custom xml package and everything I have tried hasn't helped.

Is there something wrong with my request?

Thanks,
    Rob

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Doesn't look like it. Which version are you running and is it C# or VB?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

RBrun is offline Member

I am using the C# version - 8.0.1.2

Thanks!

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Go ahead and reference this thread in a ticket to support...they should be able to send you an updated assembly (unless you have source and I can just tell you the line to change)
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

RBrun is offline Member

No source so I have submitted the ticket.

Thanks for you help!
    Rob