Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Database driven PDF Catalog

harsha.gus is offline Senior Member

Question Database driven PDF Catalog

Hi, We would like to have a PDF catalog for all the product of our website.
    we have nearly 5000 products.

I am wondering if there is any tool that can help to connect Database to Indesign or any other catalog Designing software.

So that I can Avoid Typing all the product information again.
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

Rob is offline Senior Member

that is a great idea. we'd LOVE to see (and PARTNER with) such a tool/company... let me know.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

fooster is offline Member

A quick google leads me here:

http://www.catbase.com

which is a customisable, stylable import process that connects to sql pulls in your data and exports it into an indesign file.

Looks good- is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

Or were you after a set of xmlpackages that produce a finsihed article product pdf on the fly?

For an on the fly or occaisonal generate of a catalog you could use a custom set of xmlpackages to spit out you catalog in html and pass the html string to the following component:

http://www.winnovative-software.com/

They have a redsitributable license at around $1600 which seems rather cheap- this could be a nice and end user customisable way to generate a pdf catalog (and invoices/receipts etc etc)- this would cover inclusion with aspdsf to end users

Can i add this as a suggestion for inclusion by the ASPDNSF team in a future release? it would be a great addition and easy for html/xmlpackage wranglers to generate pdf catalogues.

WDYT?

raseniero is offline Junior Member

Default Indesign

Hi I am Ramon from JairoSolutions Inc, a DevNet partner, actually we never encountered any tool yet but what we can do is assist your team preparing your catalog to connect your database to Indesign. If you still have questions please email me at info@jairosolutions.com.

Many THanks,
    Ramon Aseniero
    Technical Project Manager
    JairoSolutions.com (AspDotNetStorefront DevNet Partner)
    ramon@jairosolutions.com

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fooster View Post
    For an on the fly or occaisonal generate of a catalog you could use a custom set of xmlpackages to spit out you catalog in html and pass the html string to the following component:

http://www.winnovative-software.com/

They have a redsitributable license at around $1600 which seems rather cheap- this could be a nice and end user customisable way to generate a pdf catalog (and invoices/receipts etc etc)- this would cover inclusion with aspdsf to end users

Can i add this as a suggestion for inclusion by the ASPDNSF team in a future release? it would be a great addition and easy for html/xmlpackage wranglers to generate pdf catalogues.

WDYT?

the link you have given, they jus convert one single page not the whole website.
    correct me if i am wrong.

thanks
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4

You are missing the point- they offer a way to generate a pdf from a html string via a .net component.

So you could quite feasibly create a few custom xml packages to generate a html string which you can then turn into a pdf catalog.

The website just offers an example- download the trial and play with it.

Exclamation Help in Connecting Database to Indesign

Quote Originally Posted by raseniero View Post
    Hi I am Ramon from JairoSolutions Inc, a DevNet partner, actually we never encountered any tool yet but what we can do is assist your team preparing your catalog to connect your database to Indesign. If you still have questions please email me at info@jairosolutions.com.

Many THanks,
    I tried to email you but it bounced back.

Can you help me in Connecting my SQLServer database to Indesign.

Thanks
    rbgx
    AspDotNetStorefront ML
    v8.0.1.4