Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Scheduled Markdown of Variant Price

pablo is offline Junior Member

Default Scheduled Markdown of Variant Price

Hi everyone,
    I'm creating a clothing retail storefront using 8x and I need to be able to have different mark downs for products while they are in season and then moving to last season.

Product A will start at Price level 1 and on various dates over the season will be marked down to price level 2, 3, 4, and 5 before finally being taken down at the end of the season. This will happen with all products but at different times of the season for each product and the price markdown will also be different for each product.

This seems to be pretty standard in the retail world but I can't seem to find a method of doing this automatically using aspdotnetstorefront. I was thinking that each product could have 5 different sales but that doesn't appear to work as the sales prompt only allows for one sale price at a time.

I get the products from a POS system so need to use WSI to be able to bulk import the products.

Has anybody come up against this problem and more to the point does anybody have a solution?

Many thanks,
    Pablo.

Rob is offline Senior Member

You'd have to automate this via WSI most likely...our DevNet partners can assist. All very doable, and very valid business requirement, it's great to see sites like this, and how it can be solved, but it is a bit custom.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Hi Pablo-

there are several ways to do this:
    - Admin based price changing on all products
    - or we can create a Windows Service to automate the process

Feel free to contact me at jsimacek@compunix.us to discuss.
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

pablo is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I'm actually a developer myself so I'm going to do the work myself and I had a feeling it might be custom. I just thought that it is such a common need that somebody might have come across this problem before.
    My solution was going to be to add 5 markdown decimal and 5 markdown date fields to the variants table that the front end would evaluate when working out the price. So then when I import the products at the start of a season via WSI I can 'set it and forget it' so I don't have to worry about processing running or doing any extra admin. You think this approach would cause any problems.

P.