Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hosting

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

Default Hosting

Hey everyone. Quick question I hope your knowledge can help me address. We recently decided to push our site into the cloud, due to both hardware and support issues. However, we don't know where to go. I've heard on these forums that GoDaddy is a bad choice. Can someone explain to me why? I've personally hosted sites on their servers with an SQL Server DB with little issue (or so I thought). Also, if GoDaddy is truly a bad decision, can someone point me to a better provider?

Thanks
    Mike
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

We currently support Rackspace Cloud hosting, you may want to take a look at them!

and recommended!!
    Last edited by Rob; 01-20-2010 at 08:43 AM.

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

Speaking from some experience with ASPDNSF and cloud computing, Rackspace Cloud Hosting is a pretty darn good offering for what you get.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration