Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display SKU Under Product Name

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Display SKU Under Product Name

I must be missing this somewhere - hopefully someone knows the answer:

When a customer clicks on a category in my store and is directed to a page showing all of the products in that category, I would like the SKU number to appear under the product name. Is that possible and, if so, how do I make that happen?

Leslie

Rob is offline Senior Member

Yes, it's possible, you would have to add the SKU to the output of the XmlPackage that is being used to render the category page listing. Not hard, about 2 minute change if you know where to do it in the XmlPackage...my guess is that you're not a developer however? IF so, our DevNet partners could do this quickly also for you.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

Hi There,

Looking at the entity.gridwithprices.xml.config package, you'll want to add the following line of code. You'll want to add this:

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(SKU)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    below the line:

<xsl:value-of select="$pName" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    Let me know if that is clear.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

Rob is offline Senior Member

with <br/> in between (or CSS styling applied as you see fit in your skin setup)
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Thanks - I added the code to the xml package, but it has not put the SKU on the page. I'm not a developer, but can follow directions to the letter. Is there something else I should have done in addition to adding that line of code?

We'd also like to get the SKU added to the product page - the SKU does not currently appear and we would like to get it added near the where the product price appears. SKU numbers are important to our current customers and we'd like to accommodate that.

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

You might try the same line on the product page, where you want it to appear.

Also, make sure that your category is using the correct entity XML package. I just provided a sample one above.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

You're right - I wasn't thinking that through. Am using the entity.grid xml package - after I added the code the SKU came up.

I will add the same line to the product pages.

Thank you very much for your help.