Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Website is Up! Can everyone give some comments?

lookinco is offline Junior Member

Default Website is Up! Can everyone give some comments?

Hey guys, please give me some comments on my website. Any suggestions is appreciated.

www.TheBlackmarkers.com

Rob is offline Senior Member

I do like the minimalist design, but would add just a few more styling elements to it to separate the left col/etc. the help gizmo is cool and nice. One marketing note on the home page: unless I knew who you were already, I'd have no clue what you sell or offer really from the home page info. Just quick $.02 impression =) font size is a tad small also (either that or i'm just getting old now!!)
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

I'm also enjoying the simplistic design of the site.

If I could make one recommendation. I find that the Add To Cart, Size, Color portion of a product page a little hard to find. Took me looking around for it to notice just the Add to Cart link.

Just a thought.

Otherwise, great job!
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

LisaVK is offline Junior Member

Love it. The black, white and hint of red. Minimilistic and beautiful! I'd take the advice of the others as well. Let us know when you are comfortable and we'd be happy to get this up on our portfolio site for you. Just email: sales@aspdotnetstorefront.com.

Thanks! And keep up the great work!

lookinco is offline Junior Member

Thanks for feedback. I am in process of redesigning the website, and am looking for a competent web developer who can get what I need done efficiently.

I am just looking at enabling anon checkout and have a few question.

Is there a way to allow people to checkout with any e-mail address and not care whether the e-mail has been registered in the system before?

Scenario 1:
    Registered customer come back and try to do anon checkout. He enter his registered e-mail and complete checkout. His order details would then be updated in his account and will show up when he logs in. Through out the whole process there is no login required.

Scenario 2:
    Registered customer checkout as registered customer by logging in. Check out and update the account with order details.

Scenario 3:
    New customer try to do anon checkout and enter his e-mail. Upon checkout a temporary password will be sent to the customer for them to access their account for order status.

Is it possible for all 3 above scenarios to work with ML 8.0?

jamotion is offline Senior Member

Love the design and sorting options...
    1) Did you use a tool or purchase a solution for having that sorting option? If you can, can you share some info of how you did it? I would like a simple sort by price and size, not as complicated as yours.
    2) The same thing for size and color, did you use a third party solution or code this yourself?

Thx, its a gread job

George the Great is offline Senior Member

I would like a simple sort by price and size, not as complicated as yours.
    Might want to have a look here and request the file from support...should get you started in the right direction
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

osdude is offline Senior Member

The drop down thing above the products is blank for me.

The additional photos scrolling up is awesome! How did you do that? I would love to know.

FF3.5.7 on XP

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

I like- nice design. One thing - for some reason the placement of the big help button on the left irks me. Also - take advantage of the alt tags, those should help SEO.

nihon is offline Senior Member

Love it ..
    Was a little confused how to add to cart and it took me some time to find the price ..
    But other nice very nice work..
    One of the best sites, very good example ..
    Version (Code/DB):
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.1.2.0/8.1.2.0

WelspunUSA is offline Member

Great looking site! Love the filtering and minimalist design. Great work!