Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 7.0.2.5 - opening in visual studio 2008 - visual studio conversion wizard

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Default 7.0.2.5 - opening in visual studio 2008 - visual studio conversion wizard

I'm trying to open my 7.0.2.5 project in visual studio 2008 web developer.

When I opened the project, it told me it was created in a previous version of visual studio (in the past i'd used visual studio 2005), and that I need to convert the project to visual web developer 2008. Previously Id been using windows XP (32bit) and Visual Studio 2005. My new machine is windows 7 (64bit) and I have visual web developer 2008.

I've converted the project, but there are errors when i try to compile. These are listed below. Can I resolve these errors and get aspdnsf 7.0.2.5 sp1 working & compiling on a 64bit machine with visual web developer 2008??? (i can run the website off localhost in 32 bit mode, just can't compile it at moment)...

The errors are:

Error 1 Task failed because "sgen.exe" was not found, or the .NET Framework SDK v2.0 is not installed. The task is looking for "sgen.exe" in the "bin" subdirectory beneath the location specified in the SDKInstallRootv2.0 value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramewor k. You may be able to solve the problem by doing one of the following: 1.) Install the .NET Framework SDK v2.0. 2.) Manually set the above registry key to the correct location. 3.) Pass the correct location into the "ToolPath" parameter of the task. AspDotNetStorefrontGateways

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'AspdnsfEventHandlers' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\ASPDNSFComm on\AppLogic.cs 59 23 AspDotNetStorefrontCommon

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'AspdnsfEventHandler' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\ASPDNSFComm on\AppLogic.cs 9341 23 AspDotNetStorefrontCommon

Warning 4 Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. AspDotNetStorefrontCommon

Warning 5 The referenced component 'CrystalDecisions.Web' could not be found.
    Last edited by supergriff; 01-17-2010 at 11:44 AM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the reply.

I sorted it in a different way in the end - downloaded .net 2.0 SDK 32bit & it worked...

Still got a warning on the crystal reports reference which i fixed by finding the DLL on my old computer, copying into the aspdnsf thirdpartydlls folder, changing the reference path & compiling.