Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sales via StoreFront

allstar is offline Member

Default Sales via StoreFront

How can I track sales via strorefront? Let's say I have a sales rep that just sold a item. How would I do this using the storefront? WSI?
    ...AllStar

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The best way to handle this is via affiliates. You can either assign customers to that affiliate (see the affiliate's manual) or provide them a url with the affiliate querystring invoked (e.g. www.yoursite.com/?affiliateid=1234) upon purchase. You can track orders coming from those affiliates/rep by going to Orders -> View/Manage Order, and specify your affiliates qualifier.

e.g.
    Name:  affiliate.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  6.4 KB

In that case, I should be able to add the affiliate id to the query string via WSI. Is that correct?

Given the scenario: Sales Rep purchases the order via WSI and completes the transaction for the user. Since the order has the Sales Rep affiliate id, we can create a commission report with the data.
    Last edited by allstar; 01-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    ...AllStar

Any confirmation would be appreciated...Thanks!
    Last edited by allstar; 01-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    ...AllStar