Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about component art being compatible with IE8

mc9000 is offline Member

Default Question about component art being compatible with IE8

I'm running the latest version of Storefront ml/64 (as of December) and discovered that, out of the box, the ComponentArt menu generates a script error in Internet Explorer 8 and is incompatible with it.
    Any remedies or alternatives?

The error is:
    "Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.
    If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."

Then, if continuing:
    "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method"
    Last edited by mc9000; 01-14-2010 at 10:49 AM.

mc9000 is offline Member

Default ComponentArt

Anyone have ANY ideas on this?
    Anyone try oBout's menu on ASPDNSF ver 8 x64?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I don't see errors like these on my local copy, and never heard other customers complaint about it as well. Do you see what property or method does the jscript error described? Specifically, what did you do when you got this error and what exact page did you access?

mc9000 is offline Member

Default ComponentArt

If I select more than 2 levels deep on their drop down (from the Categories link on the default template), I get the error.
    Sometimes the 3rd or 4th level, the menu items shoot over to the left side (making impossible to make a selection).
    I think others that do not have a website with 30000 products and 6 levels of categories, (it works with 2 levels of menu items) would not have a problem.

mc9000 is offline Member

Default any way to get the menu to stop at 2 levels?

any way to get the menu to stop at 2 levels (without a complete rewrite of the hierarchical table manager)?

mc9000 is offline Member

Lightbulb

figured it out:
    RenderDrillDownDepth="3" in the ComponentArt:Menu parameters

No IE script errors now. (It was too much to ask of it to render 1000's of categories)