Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about customers receiving emails

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Question about customers receiving emails

We are testing our site and all emails (got new order etc.) are being correctly received on completion of orders, including receipts from Paypal to the customer and to us, with the exception of the receipt that should be emailed to the customer from us - this is not received at all. I have reviewed the appconfig settings and found they are all set correctly to send receipt emails to the customer.

I looked at the test order in the admin site and clicked on the button to resend the receipt email to the customer and received the following error:

Mail Error occurred - Exception=Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)<br />
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Mail Error occurred - Exception=Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)<br />
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott; 01-14-2010 at 10:25 AM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Everything you need's right in the error message - "Exception=Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts"

The mail server is rejecting emails going to addresses on other domains. That's pretty common, you'll have to talk to the folks that run the mail server and see if that can be changed, or you might just have to use another mail server.

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Thanks - I wanted to confirm that I did not somehow leave out crucial info somewhere. It's almost unbelievable that could be happening - I frequently send email from our domain to the email address that I was using as a test in the store. My web host strikes again, I see....

eattara is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Emails not being set from cart

I am getting the same error message for orders from the cart and customers are not receiving their receipts via email.

However, I can sent regular email to any address and it is received. So it seems to be only something within the cart system. Is that possible? Or is it definitely and issue with the mail server?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If you're getting "The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts" or anything along those lines, it's definitely the mail server. The software composed the message and sent it, and the mail server shot it down.