Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Redirect behaviour with admin sign in

rsudworth is offline Member

Default Redirect behaviour with admin sign in

Hi,

If I go to /admin when i am not logged in I get redirected to /signin.aspx instead of /admin/signin.aspx. Is this a known issue or have I broken something? I am pretty sure that my admin area and the relevant sections of web.config at the root and under /admin are unchanged.

Thanks,

Richard

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Are your LiveServer and AdminDir appconfig parameters set correctly? It shouldn't be a terribly big deal; you should be redirected to admin/default.aspx once you've logged in
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

rsudworth is offline Member

Thanks for the hints but those parameters are both set correctly. Do you have any other ideas? Although the redirect works to send you back to the admin, it is annoying because if password expiry or too many failed attempts gets triggered it needs the admin login page to handle it.

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The only time we have ever seen this occur is if the admindir is set incorrectly. Please check that AppConfig for any misspellings. In *very* old versions it could also be an issue with case sensitivity in the appconfig, but we resolved that one years ago.