Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Base Feed Free Shipping Attribute

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Question Google Base Feed Free Shipping Attribute

I have a successful Google base feed running, however I would like to be able to let Google know which items are "Free Shipping" or not. Can anyone advise a method for adding this functionality into my Google Base feed file?

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Google Does not like you stating free shipping on your goods. The easiest way is to have it in the item summary/description depending what one you use, however this will get your Base feed removed.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

I am referring to the Google Base listings that actually say "Free Shipping" within Google Base search results. Does that make sense?

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

Cool

we've run into this as well.

the questioning person does not mean the product description issue, he means having "Free shipping" displayed in the products search result page under the price.
    google does not want you listing "Free shipping" in your base feed DESCRIPTION. in fact, they'll refuse that product listing if you have it.

the problem is that the ASPDNSF google products feed does not have the capability to read the ASPDNSF store "free shipping" tag, and appropriately format it to google base.

as far as i know mod is the only option right now (sorry, don't know how). i was hoping they would fix this in the next ASPDNSF update. maybe someone from the ASPDNSF staff can chime in?

Exactly... I was hoping someone could offer a modification to the feed file that can properly handle the free shipping tag on a variant and therefore either display or not display the "free shipping" note under the price on Google Base search results. This should be a simple mod for someone literate in ASPDNSF and Google feed files, but I am not quite there

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

This is being looked into. It appears there are some ways to get something close to free shipping, whether or not google displays it as such appearently is off and on. However it does appear that there is something we can add to the feed so as to indicate a particular product has free shipping. I will respond again when I have worked it out.

Great! I can't wait to see what you work out!

I was able to make the necessary changes, and it appears to work. I am still waiting on some results with Google to make sure everything processed correctly. I will make another post when I am sure it is working properly.

I have successfully added the Free Shipping attribute to the Google feed. The result can be seen here.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Col...005&freeship=1

For those of you seeking this, you will need to submit a support ticket and request the file. You need to have the Google feed condition fix for this to work, so you will need to specify if you have that fix or not.

Thanks John! Ticket submitted!

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront - John View Post
    I have successfully added the Free Shipping attribute to the Google feed. The result can be seen here.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Col...005&freeship=1

For those of you seeking this, you will need to submit a support ticket and request the file. You need to have the Google feed condition fix for this to work, so you will need to specify if you have that fix or not.
    +1 for John! The fix worked and I have yet to find any issues with the results!

Currently it is setup to list non-ship and free shipping items as free shipping with Google. If this is not desired there is a single section that would need to be removed to get this update to only list free shipping items as free shipping on Google.

If you do not want it to list the non-ship items as free shipping you may remove the section from <xsl:when test="number(FreeShipping)=2"> to the </xsl:when>

It works perfectly for us as-is, but that advice helps. I was wondering how this worked and I understand more fully now! Thank you!

ohmydude_ML is offline Member

awesome! thanks Jon!