Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Insert Orders Into External DB

dfree99 is offline Member

Default Insert Orders Into External DB

I am not a developer, but I have been asked to find a way to insert our product orders into an external MySQL database that runs our legacy bulk label printing program.

I have been looking through the WSI documentation and it seems a bit much for what seems like a straight-forward task.

Is WSI the best approach or can someone recommend something else?

swheeler is offline Junior Member

Have one of your developers modify the WSI sample application provided to write the output of the DumpOrder request to an XML file. This file can then be read on-demand (by another custom application you will have to write) to insert new orders into your MySQL database. This is as simple as it gets. And remember, nothing is ever as 'straight forward' as it seems.

Scott

Jose Rojas is offline Member