Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Drop Down Menu Help

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Drop Down Menu Help

I need to accomplish the following for the horizontal drop menus can cannot figure out how to make the changes:

I need the category and department submenus on the top horizontal menu to drop down and display to the right, display only parent categories and display in the same small font size as the left nav menu running down the left side of the page. How do I do this?

I need the drop menus on the top horizontal menu bar to display ONLY when clicked. I have tried adding an "expand on click" line to the template, but that does not work. After adding that, the page will not load at all and a message noting a server error appears. Is there some other way to accomplish this?

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Leslie

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Which version of AspDotNetStorefront are you using? This can be accomplished pretty easily with changes to only a couple files. First, the template.ascx file. You'll need to add two attributes to the ComponentArt:Menu in the template: RenderDrillDownDepth and ExpandOnClick
    Code:
    ExpandDuration="0"
    ExpandSlide="None"
    ExpandTransition="None"
    RenderDrillDownDepth="2"
    ExpandOnClick="true"
    CascadeCollapse="false"
    CollapseDelay="0"
    CollapseSlide="None"
    The second thing you'll need to do is remove the arrow from after the top categories. Open the EntityHelper/EntityMenuList.xslt file, and find the if statement around the Look-RightIconUrl attribute that sets the arrow.gif file as the image to use. Then just add a boolean check that only renders the image on the admin site
    Code:
    <xsl:if test="boolean(child::Entity) and boolean($adminsite)">
    	<xsl:attribute name="Look-RightIconUrl">arrow.gif</xsl:attribute>
    	<xsl:attribute name="Look-RightIconWidth">15</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:if>
    That's all you should need to do. The dropdown menu will only render the top level entities now, and the menu will only open when clicked (actually the way the component art menu works is that the menu will expand once clicked...and then all menus will expand on roll over until the menu loses focus...eg. the user clicks somewhere else on the page). If you're still getting the error, can you paste the exact error message here?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Thank you - the first half of the solution worked perfectly. About the second set of instructions: I am using ML 64 8. I have looked and looked and do not see that Entity file anywhere - is there another name for it in the version that I am using?

Leslie

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Nope...it should be there. It's in the root directory of the site in the EntityHelper folder:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Worked perfect - I wasn't looking in the correct place for the file. Thank you very much for your help.

Leslie