Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Pulling Additional Picture with XML

datzent83 is offline Member

Default Pulling Additional Picture with XML

How can I pull additional pictures using XML within my category XML package? My products have front and back pictures. Front pictures are my defaults. I want to load the back pictures on mouse rollover. Is that possible?

This is what I am trying to achieve. Just roll over the image and you will see it change to the back view: http://www.buffalojeans.com/men-must-haves.aspx.
    Last edited by datzent83; 01-08-2010 at 08:37 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There's a similar functionality built-in. Upload multiple images on the product via Multiple Image Manager, set UseRolloverForMultiNav and UseImagesForMultiNav true in the appconfig. When viewing those in the front-end you should be able to see micro images under the product image which you can roll-over to have the back images appear.

I already have that turned on. I have front and back views of my products. I want to be able to mouse roll over an image in the category page to view the back side of the clothing, the front sides are defaults. I use ADNSF to upload all of my product pictures.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's going to take couple of code changes already to be able to do that. Go to ProductImageGallery.cs and locate MicroAction variable somewhere around 622-633 or somewhere along those lines, and see how you can mimic that to achieve your requirement.

There is no way to just edit the XML Package?

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Not to do what you are looking for. The multi-image stuff uses a lot of client-side code by necessity, which is not handled by the XML package.