Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Updating Price/Quantity via a customers legacy ProductID

swheeler is offline Junior Member

Default Updating Price/Quantity via a customers legacy ProductID

Hi,

I have the following XML statement that successfully updates price/quantity for a target item:

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <Transaction>
    <Product Action="Update" ID="18">
    <Variants>
    <Variant Action="Update" ID="26">
    <Inventory>100</Inventory>
    <Price>200.25</Price>
    </Variant>
    </Variants>
    </Product>
    </Transaction>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

My Peachtree legacy ProductID is '10GALMP'. Is there is a single field on the storefront inventory record that I could somehow reference for the update?

I've currently got this ID configured in the 'SKU' and 'Manufacturers Part #'
    for reference in an order download routine; It works, but the practice consumes fields that should hold other data.

Peachtree allows configuration of a master material ID (ex. Shirt) and a maximum of two attributes (ex. size and color). In the order entry process, this is reflected in a unique concatenated Product ID (ex. Shirt-Lrg-Red). Given the propensity of most customers to want to maintain their legacy product codes, is there not a mechanism to execute a price/quantity update via a single unique product code originating from the legacy business system?

Thanks,

Scott
    Last edited by swheeler; 01-08-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling

George the Great is offline Senior Member

AspDotNetStorefront doesn't enforce a unique constraint on SKUs or part numbers, so we don't use those as qualifiers for determining a unique product or variant. You could modify WSI to use these (if you have source code...would be a fairly simple modification), or you could simply use a query/sql node instead. For example, if you want to update variant 26 that has the SKUSuffix value of 10GALMP you could use this
    Code:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
       <Transaction>
          <Query>
             <SQL>
                <![CDATA[
                   update dbo.ProductVariant set Inventory=100,Price='200.25' where SKUSuffix='10GALMP'
                ]]
             </SQL>
          </Query>
       </Transaction>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

swheeler is offline Junior Member

George,

Thanks for the reply. But I've already coded to accomodate a compound PK with a cross-reference in Peachtree material custom field. I'm happy to say that I am effectively importing orders from storefront into Peachtree and updating material price/quantity in the cart from financials via the API. I've got this going on a schedule. Let Rob know if you see him.

Thanks,

Scott