Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Windows Authentication

tigreye007 is offline Junior Member

Default Windows Authentication

We are using Windows Authentication on our staging server to prevent search engine indexing and anonymous browsing. For some reason, when we add the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" tag to <modules> in the web.config, for some reason we lose the authentication on the site and any user can browse anonymously. This setting is on for some of our other non-ASPDNSF customers, and windows authentication is still working, so I'm guessing it has something to do with how ASPDNSF handles authentication (custom module?), but I'm not sure where to start debugging this.

Any ideas?

Still looking for clues as to why this happens. Any help is appreciated! This is only happening in our storefront sites.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Are you using IIS 7? Change the pipeline mode of the application pool from Integrated to Classic and restart the site.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

Hello, this worked like a charm. We've only needed to use Classic mode for some of our older sites that use 3rd party URL Rewriting modules. My guess is that setting it to classic mode is now ignoring the system.webServer node in the web.config, so it is no longer seeing the "runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests" setting.

My guess is that our URL rewrites will no longer work, but in this particular case, we don't need to worry about it on the staging server.
    Last edited by tigreye007; 01-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.