Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Products With No Category

jkincer is offline Junior Member

Default Products With No Category

After our product import, we have a few hundred products that are not mapped to a category. Is there a way to filter products without a category?

We are running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.1.0/7.1.1.0

Thanks,
    Jay

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not in that version. In our next major release, we've created 'buckets' for unpublished and unmapped products, to make finding them and working with them easier.

For your site currently, you'll have to either manually search for those products in the admin site (they'll show up in search even if not mapped) and map them to categories, or correct the import file and redo that.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

You could run a quick sql query in sql management studio to get the product IDs
    Code:
    select ProductID from dbo.Product where ProductID not in (select distinct ProductID from dbo.ProductCategory)
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

ahsrescue is offline Member

Default v. 9.0.1.3

I'm running version 9.0.1.3 with SP1 and Admin Service packs. Are there "Buckets" in my version? Is there a way I can filter to find recently uploaded products that are unmapped?

B-Double-U is offline Member

Same request here. I have done a few imports and we seem to have a bunch of orphan products now. It isn't the worst thing in the world, but the orphaned products are being published in the sitemap and people are hitting these pages, which are intended to be disabled.

I am looking for a good way to disable products that are not in a category or are in categories/departments that are unpublished.