Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Legacy Site Coupons

anikdel is offline Junior Member

Default Legacy Site Coupons

Hello,
    I'm just started supporting a site running version 6.2.1 (yes, I know it's old). I'm not sure if the previous developers have made any customizations to the software, so I'm nervous to upgrade. I know it's running a custom skin, but is a pretty basic store otherwise.

The client has asked for the ability to accept coupons on the site. I can setup a coupon code just fine in the admin, but there is not place to enter the code in the site's checkout process...and I can't seem to find any config options to enable this. Is this something that needs to be built into the skin? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

George the Great is offline Senior Member

The appconfig in your version is called DisallowCoupons. When set to true, coupons cannot be used. One of the other things you should check is the customer levels you have set up in your store. Each customer level has an option to allow or disallow coupons (in the database this field is called LevelAllowsCoupons in the dbo.CustomerLevel table) and when set to 0 (disallow) any customer belonging to that customer level will be unable to use coupons.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

anikdel is offline Junior Member

In my config, DisallowCoupons was set to false (allowing coupons). So that seemed correct.

However, there are no customer levels set up in the system, which I suspect might be the problem if it defaults everyone to a Customer Level that doesn't allow coupons. If I were to set up a new customer level, would existing customers automatically assume that level, or would I have to specify each individually (or thru SQL).

Thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

For those already existed customers, you'll have to manually assign them to that customer level. As for the newly registered, you can set DefaultCustomerLevelID to that customer level, so they will be assigned to it automatically upon registration.