Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Actual costs for sizes/colors?

rpeters83 is offline Member

Default Actual costs for sizes/colors?

I know there's the option to add costs to sizes and colors bu adding [$X.XX] after the color (such as S,M,L,XL,XXL[5.00]).

However, our client explained that the costs for him to ship XXL shirts, for example, and what it costs his customers are different. He wants to charge $5.00 for an XXL shirt but record the actual cost as $3.00.

Is this possible? I know products allow for recording of actual costs, but what about for sizes/colors? Thanks.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Nope, this is not possible, unless you assign that customer to a particular Customer Level and specify an Extended Pricing.

rpeters83 is offline Member

thanks. are you sure there's no way to do this? the only way to add in actual cost prices is for each variant then, correct? thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I think there might be some confusion here between 'cost' and 'price'. You can't charge a customer one amount for a product or shipping but record a different amount for the price internally, no. If he's just wanting to track the 'cost' of an item, there's a field for that at the Variant level.