Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Adding receipt info to New Order Notification

cartuser is offline Junior Member

Default Adding receipt info to New Order Notification

I'd like to add the info from the receipt sent to customers to the new order notification sent to admins. Not the header or the footer, but if that's included, no biggie.

I believe the XML package to change is notification.adminneworder.xml.config and the one I'd like to take from is notification.receipt.xml.config. But I'm not sure where to start in copying and pasting and I don't want to send a duplicate to the customer.

What parts do I need to copy into the adminneworder and what parts do I need to NOT copy? Or how do I modify the receipt notification to send to the admin (replace the adminneworder with a modified copy of the receipt on the server).

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I just set the app config
    XmlPackage.NewOrderAdminNotification to notification.receipt.xml.config

This sends us the same receipt the customer gets. Its nice to see what they see IMO

cartuser is offline Junior Member

simple is even better! Thanks!