Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Wish List Question

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Wish List Question

I have quite a few customers who tell me their wish lists disappear. I've checked and double checked to make sure my resources are up to ASPDNSF specs and they are. Could there be other reasons? Thanks!

Jao is offline Senior Member

The wishlist item will only remain within the value of AppConfig: AgeWishListDays

I have that set at 365 days so that shouldn't be the issue. Is it my system or could it be the user's browswer settings? Any other possibilities?

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Have you checked any other customer records?

Not sure if re-setting the Cache within Admin will also clear the wishlist but I doubt it. Hope you can sort it out!

Default Wishlist Continues to Disappear

I have a ton of customers telling me their wishlist disappeared. I've not reset the cache and my resources appear to be more than adequate. Also, I've got it configured to clear it out ever 365 days.

Any ideas of why this could be happening? Could it be on the user side or is it something with my side?

The user doesn't have control over it. Only those who has access to the database can manually edit the ShoppingCart table, where the records of wishlist and shopping cart lies. Please check if the record still exist there...

I meant could it be a browser issue. So, it sounds like no. What else could it be? My server's application pool is 650mb of ram. I have 4g Ram memory. Why are the wish lists disappearing?

First off, I need to know what version you're on so that I could cross examine it against my local end...

Smile

I'm on ML 8.0.1.2. Thanks for your help!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Please send this to support to further take a look. thanks

gleapman is offline Member

Default Please update

Has this issue been resolved offline?

I am having the same problem, but it's sporadic. I have removed the value from the AgeWishListDays, so there is no set value. We have hundreds of customers using the wish list without problems. Some of the items have been in there for many months. But, every so often a customer reports that all of their wish list items have disappeared.

In the spirit of full disclosure, we have modified the wish list so it's more of a persistent shopping list, allowing customers to retain regularly ordered items and move them to the shopping cart as needed. But it uses most of the built-in wish list functionality. Our problem could be from the customization, but we haven't identified any issues with that. (We now capture wish list items in a separate table as well so we can restore items that disappear from the ShoppingCart table.)

I am having this exact issue and we did no customization to the Wish List.

Would appreciate hearing from aspdotnetstorefront staff on this. It's an ongoing issue. Just got a report today from a customer who says the list disappears every time she logs out.

Yes, I'm still having periodic reports of this. I can't reproduce it myself but I hear it from customers every so often.

naren_naren is offline Junior Member

Question

Yes even i have the customers complaining about it....do we have a solution?

Default No response from support!

This active thread has received no response from support. The issue continues.

Sorry for the delayed in responding. I can't reproduce this here either. There are two configs I wanted you to check, though this only applies to shopping cart but wanted to make sure it's not something to do with them at all. Try setting PreserveActiveCartOnSignin and ClearOldCartOnSignin to true/false. If true, it will force delete of old items and replace them with the active items.

Please let us know and will take a look further.

My settings were already this way and have been since the beginning.

Just reviewed reports we've had of disappearing wishlists over the past four months. There have been three reports and in each case the customer also reported at the same time that they were involuntarily logged off the website. Are these items connected?

Has anyone else with disappearing wishlists also had problems with customers being logged out involuntarily at the same time?

I do have some custom code on my wishlist, so the cause of our disappearing lists (and logging out) could be different than what others are reporting. IOW, it could be my fault. (The custom code retains the wishlist items in the wishlist after they are added to the cart and allows for setting quantities before moving an item to the cart.) But we have dozens of customers regularly using the custom wishlist functionality and only a few reports of problems.

To Alfred and others:

We've discovered one scenario that recreates the disappearing wish list issue, at least for the two websites we manage (both ML version 8). Would appreciate it if others could run this test on their sites and provide results:

Assumptions:

"UseSSL" appconfig is set to true
    "GoNonSecureAgain" appconfig is set to false

1. Go to site
    2. Log in as a regular customer.
    3. Go to a product page.
    4. Click the button that adds the item to the wish list.
    5. On the wish list page, click "Continue Shopping" (either button)

On our sites, Steps 2, 3 and 4 have us on secure (https) pages. When we click on "Continue Shopping," it returns us to the product page, but it's now http and we're logged out. When we log back in and go to the wish list page, the list is gone. Also, any items that were in the Shopping Cart are gone.

This does not happen with the Continue Shopping button on the shopping cart page. That button takes us back to the home page, not the previous product page, keeps it as https and keeps us logged in.

We get the sense there are other scenarios that trigger the problem, but this is the only one we've found.

I got your email, sorry for the late response.

Can you read through this thread and the instructions stated there?

Micky Moore is offline Junior Member

Default Wish List Items Missing

I have a similar issue with Version 8.0.0 I can place items in the wishlist, move one item to cart and go back to review and it shows me both the wishlist and cart are empty.

avsune is offline Member

I also am having customers complain about this issue both there wish list and shopping cart are being deleted any update on this issue?

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Are you running Monthly Maintenance? This maybe clearing the wishlist and/or cart.

Also some browsers if cleared of the cache may restart the CustomerID session. See if that is the cause.

avsune is offline Member

It's not the monthly maintenance , I was able to duplicate the problem in ei8 basically when the customer logs in it takes them to https and then when they go off https or close the browser and reopen they are logged off and the wish list and cart are deleted.