Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: AppConfig editing

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default AppConfig editing

When an AppConfig is opened for editing, it looks as though I could add a second group to the AppConfig. I tried, but nothing was saved. Having two or more groups for AppCpnfigs would help quite a lot.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yup, I understand that predicament. But as of now, the store only segregates the AppConfigs using a single group...

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Default One AppConfig-one group

It's really hard to keep all the Appconfigs in mind when modifying the site. A spreadsheet of values doesn't seem to exist like the Strings?

If I want to change the group of an AppConfig, there is no direct method of course?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Yes, but you do a manual edition... It's a simple SQL script using UPDATE clause and that's it, although, you'll need to do a bulk edition, somewhat like this:
    Code:
    UPDATE AppConfig SET GroupName = 'NewGroupName' WHERE GroupName = 'OldGroupName'
    Hence, for instance, you'd like to alter CUSTOM group to USER-DEFINED, simply run this script using the above format:
    Code:
    UPDATE AppConfig SET GroupName = 'USER-DEFINED' WHERE GroupName = 'CUSTOM'
    and that's it...