Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping Methods to Prevent

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Shipping Methods to Prevent

Is there any way to increase the field where you list the shipping methods to prevent? I can't fit all the services I want to prevent into the config field. Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The easiest way would be to use SSMS to change the 'ConfigValue' data type in the AppConfig table to nvarchar(MAX) (rather than nvarchar(1000)), then just enter the data directly into the database. Being able to change that through the admin site would require a little bit of code mod.

uptime244 is offline Member

Have you tried typing past the visible window? you can get alot in there past what is visible..it will scroll horizontal.

Jao is offline Senior Member

That field is limited to 1000 characters including space, therefore, simply alter the column and increase the field length and that's it...

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

That sounds easy. Can you please walk me through how to do that?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Run this query against our DB:
    Code:
    alter table appconfig Alter Column ConfigValue nvarchar(MAX)
    Make sure you've done a full DB backup first, just in case.