Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: which source code?

osdude is offline Senior Member

Default which source code?

We are making a site and want to get the source code, but which one? What are the benefits?

I am (was) good with PHP, but know little about ASP. Getting additional software to use the source is also a concern, but not a deal breaker at all.

If anyone has any suggestions and a reason, I am very interested in what you all have to say.

Thanks

Sean is offline Member

Are you basically asking if you should get the VB or C# source code?
    /// Sean ///

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, personally speaking, I, who used PHP before has found ASP.NET and C# or VB.NET easy to understand and use. I'm sure you won't face any difficulty at all...

Thanks, I think I am going to go with C# after a lot of researching. In case I am missing something, is there a particular advantage with either C or VB, other than C seems to have source available sooner?

Jao is offline Senior Member

Well, I strongly recommend that you use C#, considering that the ASP.NET, although compatible to almost all languages we see right now, it's mostly made for C#. Therefore, ASP.NET + C# tandem is the greatest duo of all...

thanks for all the info and I think C# it is!