Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ups fedex shipping setup.

pyrate is offline Member

Default ups fedex shipping setup.

I am trying to set up the shipping on my site, i have the weights and product entered. Changed the app config to ture for ups and fedex... what else needs to be set??? So that the site will calculate shipping cost for the customer???

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Go to the appconfig and search 'RTShipping.UPS', make sure to populate those parameters you've seen there (Image 1). Also, don't forget to populate the store's origin values by searching 'Origin' in the appconfig (Image 2).

Image 1:
    Name:  ups.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  25.2 KB
    Image 2:
    Name:  origin.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  10.2 KB

pyrate is offline Member

Did that... You should also mention that even thou i have a UPS and FedEx account numbers I needed a username, password, and a URL link for the "RTShipping.fedex.server.... As for UPS, they have not yet sent the info yet. FedEx was able to give me a user name, password and the URL. But it still does not return calculated rates. I did notice that FedEx does not have a RTShipping.fedex.username like UPS Does...

What's needed by fedex is just the Account Number and Meter, so that should be Ok. Could you turn on appconfig: RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage to true and go to CheckoutShipping.aspx, at the bottom of that page you should be able to see the RTShipping Request and Result... Let us know what's in the result box.

pyrate is offline Member

RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage was set to true and i see no box at the bottom of page. In the string mgr: Shipping Options" on my site: Blank and FTP it is all code.... where do i find this page you are looking for??? forgive me i still new at this....

Jao is offline Senior Member

There should be an XML result box at the bottom of the page whenever the AppConfig: RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage is set to true. Please also make sure that the Active Shipping Calculation method is set to Real Time. By the way, could you please tell us what version you're on?

pyrate is offline Member

My version is: ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2. Now I get a message: "invalid state" I had my shipping set to weight, but now i switched it to use: real time rates and i clicked on: Set as active method, i did not see that button before.... & now the XML reslult box apprears... I attached a copy of it in note pad.
    Attached Files Attached Files

From your appconfig: RTShipping.OriginState parameter, you should only enter the abbreviation equivalent of South Dakota which is SD and you'll be fine. If any error persists, please submit a ticket to support and will take a look there.

pyrate is offline Member

Same problem, no shipping calculated... I changed South Dakota to SD....
    I attached the table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Send a ticket to support and will see what's going on. This is just a configuration problem which we need to look at.