Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Question about Product Listing Image PNG Alpha working

jason.summerour@gmail.com is offline Junior Member

Default Question about Product Listing Image PNG Alpha working

Hey Guys,

I'm revamping my product listing xml package today, and I have created some PNGs for each product, which have alpha in them, so that some details behind them show up (mainly the background color), as shown below:

When I call

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupProductImage(ProductID, ImageFileNameOverride, SKU, 'icon', 0)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

The image shows up with an opaque white background, which I do not want.

I see the image is copied into the images/product/icon directory as a PNG, but it doesn't seem to work. What magic is happening in LookupProductImage()? Is it converting it to a jpeg, or is it adding the white background? Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

Jason Summerour

jason.summerour@gmail.com is offline Junior Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. I just specified my own filename in the "Image Filename Override" text box within the Admin product configuration page, under the "Images" tab. I then copied the file under images/product/icon/, images/product/medium/, and images/product/large/ directories.

It now shows up properly as a PNG, since it's not getting resized/modified by the admin tools.

Hope this helps someone down the road!

Jason

kblake@mainstreet is offline Junior Member

so you got the product image to show up with a transparent background when you add the product? so for example when you have a pattern on the bg of the content area, you won't see/have a solid color that shows up either at the top and bottom -or- right and left side of the product it self??