Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Reports *for affiliates

cartuser is offline Junior Member

Default Reports *for affiliates

The affiliate program out of the box works great minus one thing I can't seem to find.
    I understand the Affiliate reporting *inside the admin.

But when testing, I logged in at /lat_signin.aspx as a test affiliate but did not see any place that gave an affiliate reports on their individual sales. I would think this would be a critical part of any affiliate program - letting affiliates track sales.

I'm not asking for commission calculations (your manual said "NOTE: The software does not do any type of commission calculation, it only tracks and reports on affiliate referrals."), I'm just talking about raw sales or even just a tally of sales or something.

Is this a config to turn on somewhere that I missed?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's not something we do out of the box. The front-end affiliate pages (lat_*.aspx) are for affiliates to register and update their information, that's about it.

cartuser is offline Junior Member

Oh well, off to the coder it goes then...
    I'd add that to your enhancement list. Any truly useful affiliate program would need to tell affiliates what their performance is, even a basic report like # of sales during a date range.
    I mean, who would want to be an affiliate of a site that one has to just take it on faith the site owners are properly/accurately reporting their sales?

Richnyc30 is offline Senior Member

Smile Affiliate program

We've been using this software package (and the newsletter and adserver,) for several years.
    ASP and SQL.
    Great service, always updating.
    Be nice to integrate the afffiliates, newlstters, adserver, and other things available at http://www.affiliatewiz.com with ASPDNStore.
    A couple of saved SQL statements and a XML package should integrate the two databases. I probably should give Joe a call and see what he thinks.
    Richard